The flashing red light on the front of your Roku Express or Express+ means your streaming player is not receiving enough power to perform properly.
Try the steps below to correct this issue:
- Plug the provided power adapter directly into a working power outlet.
- If using a surge protector, try plugging directly into a wall outlet to see if that makes a difference.
- Only use the included power cord and power adapter.
A solid red light on your Roku Express means your Roku player is overheating.
Try these steps to correct the issue
- Power off the Roku player to allow it to cool down.
- Do not place the Roku player on top of other devices such as cable boxes, routers, or AVR receivers.
- Avoid placing the Roku player inside a cabinet or other enclosed space.
- Keep the Roku player out of direct sunlight.
- Move the Roku player to a cooler location.