Movies and TV shows can have a wide range of sounds. Night listening mode is an audio feature available on some Roku® streaming devices that allows you to watch movies and TV shows without disturbing others nearby. When night listening mode is enabled, the volume of soft sounds like whispering is increased while the volume of loud sounds like explosions is decreased.
You can use the Roku device comparison chart to determine which products support night listening mode.
- Note: Night listening mode is only available in stereo.
Enabling night listening mode from the Settings menu
You can enable night listening mode from the Settings menu on your Roku device.
- Press on your remote to open the main screen.
- Scroll up or down and select Settings.
- Select Audio.
- Select Night listening mode and enable night listening mode
Note: If this selection is not listed in the Audio menu, then your Roku device does not support night listening mode.
- Press on your remote to enable night listening mode.
Enabling night listening mode during playback
When a movie or TV show is streaming, you can enable night listening mode from the options menu. During playback, press the button on your remote and choose On or Off for Night listening mode.