Roku Premiere (model: 4620) supports 720p HD, 1080p Full HD, 4K Ultra HD (UHD) and ships with a Standard IR remote.
Will Roku Premiere work with my TV?
Roku Premiere will work with any television with an HDMI® connection. However, you will not be able to take advantage of 4K resolution without a 4K compatible TV. A 4K compatible television is not the only requirement to stream movies and TV shows in 4K; learn more about setting up your Roku Premiere for 4K Ultra HD.
We recommend using a High Speed HDMI® Cable.
Setting up your Roku Premiere
- Follow along with the tutorial video below, or download the Quick Start Guide.
- Further help is available if you do not see video on your TV from the Roku Premiere or have problems with your remote control.
Going through Guided Setup
- Choose a language
When your Roku Premiere powers on, the first screen will allow you to choose a language. All text and dialog within the Roku application will be displayed in the selected language.
Scroll up and down the list and press to choose a language.
- Note: It is the responsibility of the channel publisher to translate their channel and some channels may not support your chosen language.
- Connect your Roku Premiere to the Internet
- Choose your wireless network from the list of available networks and enter your password. This is most often the same network you use to connect your computer or smartphone to the Internet. For more assistance, see help finding your wireless network and password.
- If you want to see your password as you type, choose Show password. This can help prevent entering the wrong password.
- Once you have entered your password and selected Connect, your Roku Premiere will automatically connect to the Internet. Alternatively, you can get more help if you are unable to connect to your wireless network.
- Wait for your Roku Premiere to download the latest software
- Once connected to the Internet, your Roku Premiere will download the latest version of Roku OS software and then reboot.
- Create a Roku account and activate your Roku Premiere
- In order to activate your Roku Premiere, it must be linked to a Roku account. Your Roku account keeps track of which Roku devices you own and allows you to add free and purchase channels from the Roku Channel Store.
- Instructions for activating your Roku Premiere will be displayed on your TV, including an activation code; e.g. “XCV5TG”. You will be required to visit roku.com/link on your computer or smartphone, enter the code and follow the instructions to activate your Roku Premiere.
- You are done!
Once you have completed all of the activation steps, your Roku Premiere will be ready to use.