The payment method linked to your Roku account allows you to purchase subscriptions to channels, rent or buy movies and TV shows, or make other purchases from the Roku Channel Store. However, you can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to prevent unauthorized users in your home from purchasing items from the Roku Channel Store. Once a PIN has been created, it must be entered in order to authorize any transaction with the Roku Channel Store.
What do I do?
- Go to my.roku.com from your computer or smartphone.
- If you are not already logged in, sign in to your Roku account.
- If you cannot sign in to your Roku account, learn what to do if you have forgotten your email address or password.
- Under PIN Preference, select Update.
- Select your PIN preference from the three choices.
- Always require a PIN to make purchases and to add items from the Channel Store.
- Always require a PIN to make purchases.
- A PIN is not required to make any purchase or add any item from the Channel Store.
- If you choose either of the first two choices and have not created a PIN, you will be prompted to enter a four-digit number in the PIN field and select the Verify PIN field for confirmation.
- If you already have a PIN, enter your PIN in the Verify PIN field.
- Select Save Changes and agree to the terms of service.
- Creating a PIN only affects the ability to purchase or add channels from the Roku Channel Store. It does not filter channels or block content from the Roku Channel Store.
- Roku typically does not provide refunds for purchases made from the Roku Channel Store, the Movie Store and TV Store.