Roku streaming devices are designed with the highest concern for safety. However, any electrical device, if used improperly, has the potential for causing fire, electrical shock, property damage or personal injury. To help ensure accident-free operation, follow these guidelines:
- Observe all warnings, precautions and instructions.
- Regularly inspect the AC power adapter for damage.
- Stop use, unplug the AC power adapter from the electrical outlet and disconnect any other cables immediately, if your Roku device or accessories (e.g., remote, power adapter) have been damaged, cracked or punctured, or if it functions in an abnormal manner, produces unusual sounds or smells or becomes too hot to touch.
- To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not expose your Roku device to rain, moisture, or direct sunlight.
- Roku AC power adapters are rated for use only in the country in which they are sold.
Use and handling
- Do not operate your Roku remote control using any vigorous or forceful motions or gestures.
- The remote control and headphones are not toys. If your Roku device comes with a remote control and/or headphones, keep them both out of reach of children under the age of six.
- Permanent hearing loss may occur if your Roku player or headphones are used at high volume. To prevent possible hearing loss, limit the amount of time you use your Roku player or any headphones at high volume.
- The product packaging may include plastic bags, cable ties and fasteners. Dispose of these properly and keep them out of reach of children, as they could present a choking hazard.
- Do not touch your Roku device or connected cables during an electrical storm.
- Do not allow liquid, small particles or other foreign objects to get into your Roku device or accessories.
- Do not expose your Roku device or accessories to liquid, smoke or steam.
- Do not expose your Roku device or accessories to high temperatures, high humidity or direct sunlight.
- Do not place your Roku device on the floor or in a place where it may cause someone to trip or stumble.
- Do place your Roku device within range of your wireless network. Do not place your Roku device in an enclosed cabinet; it may interfere with the wireless signal.
- Do not place anything on top of your Roku device; it may cause your Roku device to overheat.
- Do not drop, crush or disassemble your Roku device.
- Do not attempt to repair your Roku device yourself. Disassembling your Roku device may cause damage not covered by the warranty.
Important Tips About Battery Handling
For help inserting or replacing batteries in your Roku remote control, read the tips for general battery handling and disposal.