Before you can start using private listening, you must first install the latest version of the Roku mobile app.
- When private listening is active, you will not hear audio from your TV speakers.
- Both the Roku mobile app and your Roku device must be connected to the same wireless network.
- You must have an HDTV antenna connected to your Roku TV to use private listening with live digital broadcast television. Mobile private listening will not work with analog over-the-air broadcast television.
- Private listening is also available when using your headphones with compatible Roku remotes.
You can use the Roku device comparison chart to determine which products support Private listening via Roku mobile app.
How do I activate private listening?
IMPORTANT: Do not put your headphones on until the volume is at a safe level.
To activate private listening, open the Roku mobile app on your iOS or Android mobile device and plug in your headphones. Adjust the volume before putting your headphones on. When you want to disable private listening, unplug your headphones.
When your headphones are plugged in, you can activate and disable private listening by tapping the headphone icon .
- Note: Private listening may only be active on one mobile device at a time.
If you are experiencing intermittent connectivity or hear audio issues, learn how to solve problems with private listening.