The information below applies only to owners of Roku® streaming players in the United States. If you own a Roku TV™, contact the manufacturer of the TV for return and warranty information.
If you believe your Roku streaming player is malfunctioning, or you wish to return for credit, you must first contact Roku Customer Support to request a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. Before you submit a refund or replacement request, it is important to understand the details of the process.
Your Roku player must be within the original product warranty period for warranty replacement. Returns for credit: 1) must be made within thirty (30) days from the original date of purchase and 2) are only available if your Roku streaming player was purchased directly from Roku.com.
If you are experiencing an issue with your Roku streaming player that you cannot resolve, review the setup and troubleshooting articles on the Roku support site before submitting a request for a warranty exchange. Make sure you have eliminated the possibility of a configuration or environmental issue.
What is Roku's 30-day money back guarantee policy?
Roku offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. That means, if for any reason, you wish to return a Roku player purchased directly from the Roku website within thirty (30) days from the date of purchase, we will refund the purchase price of your Roku player and accessories.
Requesting a return or warranty exchange
When you want to request a return or warranty exchange, open the “Need more assistance” form on the Roku support site.
- From the first pull-down menu, choose Questions about returning my Roku player and select Continue.
- Specify whether your purchase occurred in the past 30-days, and whether you are requesting a refund or a replacement. If you are requesting a refund, select the place of purchase.
- Note: If your Roku device was not purchased from the Roku web site, contact the retailer where you purchased your device for a refund, if eligible.
- Select Continue.
- When the “Roku Product Return and Exchange” form appears, enter the details of your request.
- Order number
- Serial number of your Roku player
- Contact information including your full name, email address and phone number
- Detailed reason for your return or exchange
- Select Continue.
- Review your information, and submit the request.
After a few moments, you will receive an email confirming your request. A Roku Customer Support agent will contact you within 48 hours to process your return or warranty exchange.
Before you return your existing Roku player, we recommend you perform a factory reset which will:
- Erase your personal preferences
- Unlink your Roku device from your Roku account
- Reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup
Packaging and what to include
Securely wrap and package your product in an appropriate shipping box, and include all the following:
- Roku streaming player
- Roku remote control
- power adapter
- all cables
Failure to do so may cause a delay in processing, or the denial of your request.
Following the guidelines above, ship your Roku player via trackable shipping method to the return center location listed on the instructions provided to you. Roku is not responsible for lost packages by the carrier, Roku players received that cannot be identified, or products sent to an address other than the Roku return center indicated. Received products that have damage determined to have been caused by the end user may be subject to denial of the return request.
Upon receipt of your Roku streaming player, Roku will send an appropriate replacement product to you, or process a refund to your payment method on your original invoice. You should receive your replacement player or refund within 7-10 business days.
- Note: We will do our best to send you a replacement of the same model. If the specific model is no longer available, Roku may send a replacement model with equivalent or better features.
Original invoice shipping costs are non-refundable. You are responsible for any shipping cost associated with sending the Roku streaming player back to the Roku return center for all authorized RMA requests.