Before you return, sell, or gift your existing Roku® streaming player or Roku TV™, we recommend you perform a factory reset which will:
- Erase your personal preferences.
- Unlink your Roku device from your Roku account.
- Reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.
Performing a factory reset from the device settings
Follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Scroll up or down and select Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Advanced system settings.
- Select Factory reset.
- Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.
Performing a factory reset using the hardware reset button
On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button. The reset button on your Roku device will look like one of the following:
If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to perform the factory reset.
Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for up to 20 seconds. The indicator light will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.