Private channels cannot be found in the Roku Channel Store. Private channels are built by Roku developers who wish to reach a specific audience without making their channel available to all Roku customers. Instead, a unique “channel access code” (e.g. “FG324”) is used to add the channel to your account.
- Note: Roku does not provide support for private channels.
Steps to add a private channel
To download and install a private channel:
- Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
- If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
- Under Manage account select Add a Channel.
- Enter the channel access code received from the channel provider and select Add Channel.
The channel will not immediately appear in the list of channels on your Roku device. Your Roku device checks every 24 hours for any new channels you have added from the website and automatically installs them. If you would like to download the channel immediately, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.
Once downloaded, new channels are added to the list of channels under Home on the main screen of your Roku device. Scroll down and you will see your new channel at the bottom of your list of channels. If you want to move it, see How to move channels on your Roku streaming device.