Just like your smartphone has an “app store” for installing new applications, you can access the Roku Channel Store on your Roku streaming device to add new “channels”. Although some channels have to be purchased or require a paid subscription, many others allow you to watch movies and TV shows for free.
Finding free channels using the Roku Channel Store on your Roku device
- Press on your remote to go to the main screen.
- Scroll down and select Streaming Channels.
- Select Top Free to view the most popular free channels.
- Choose a channel and press to view more options.
- To install the channel, select Add channel.
Once downloaded, new channels are added to the list of channels under Home on the main screen of your Roku device. Scroll down and you will see your new channel at the bottom of your list of channels. If you want to move it, see How to move channels on your Roku streaming device.
Finding free channels using the Roku Channel Store on the website
On the web, you can browse a list on Roku’s Channel page. Scroll down to the “Top Free” section and browse the most popular choices. Choose a channel and follow the instructions to add the channel.
- Note: The channel will not immediately appear in the list of channels on your Roku device. Your Roku device checks every 24 hours for any new channels you have added from the website and automatically installs them. If you would like to download the channel immediately, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.