Your Roku account stores which Roku® streaming devices you own and which channels you have installed and purchased, as well as your preferences and account settings. Once a Roku account is closed it cannot be reactivated. Any purchases that you have made from the Roku Channel Store, such as games, themes, screensavers, etc. will no longer be available.
I want to give away a Roku device
If you just want to give away your Roku device, then you do not need to close your Roku account. All you need to do is follow the steps necessary to factory reset your Roku device.
I want to remove a Roku device from my account
I want to close my account
Follow the steps below to close your Roku account.
- Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
- If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
- After the My account page loads, scroll down and view the devices listed under the “My linked devices” Perform a factory reset on any Roku devices linked to your account.
- If you have any Roku billed subscriptions, select Manage your subscriptions and cancel any active subscriptions. For help cancelling subscriptions, click here. Select Done to return to the My account page.
- Select Deactivate account and confirm.
Get help signing into your Roku account if you have forgotten your password or no longer have access to your email address.