The payment method linked to your Roku account allows you to purchase subscriptions to popular channels, rent or buy movies and TV shows, or make other purchases from the Roku Channel Store.
- Not all channels can be billed through your Roku account; in those cases, you will need a direct billing relationship with that channel provider.
- Adding or changing your payment method does not result in any charges to your account. You will only be charged after going through the additional steps required to make a purchase; e.g. when signing-up for a subscription, renting or buying a movie or TV show, or adding a channel from the Roku Channel Store. You can also create a PIN to prevent unauthorized users in your home from purchasing items.
- MasterCard, Visa and PayPal are accepted payment methods for all Roku regions. American Express is also available for all sites except France, and Discover is available in the U.S. and Canada. Pre-paid gift cards can be used as a payment method as long as the card brand is an accepted card type, for example MasterCard or Visa.
To add or update your payment information:
- Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
- If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
- Click or tap the Update button under the Payment method section.
- Complete all fields and submit.
- When updating re-enter all fields before submitting. (All credit card details, full name, address and phone number should be completed.)
If you are having trouble adding a payment method: