In order to activate your Roku streaming device, it must be linked to a Roku account. Your Roku account has information on which devices you own and which channels you have installed, as well as your preferences and settings. For instructions on how to activate your Roku device click here.
During the activation process, you will be required to go to the website my.roku.com/link on your computer or smartphone and enter the link code displayed on your Roku device, e.g., “XD12G”. This article helps you troubleshoot any issues you might experience during the linking process.
I get an error when I enter the link code on the website
If you see an error after entering the link code, try entering the code a second time. There may have been a typing error or some other issue like a temporary network or system error.
If this does not resolve the issue:
- Go back to you Roku device and click on Help > Get a new code.
- Once the new link code is displayed, return to roku.com/link and enter the new code.
I entered the link code, but my Roku device is stuck on the link code screen
Sometimes it can take a while to complete the activation process, so please wait a few minutes. If the Roku device continues to show the screen with the link code, try these steps:
- Make sure you have completed all the steps on the web site in order to activate your Roku device.
- Important: You must complete ALL of the steps on the website before going back to your Roku device. Otherwise, your Roku device will not be activated.
- If you see “Error 001” and the message “not connected” in the upper right corner of the TV screen, it means that your Roku device is not connected to a network.
- Select Try Again
- If that does not work, read this article for help connecting to your wireless network.