You can access digital “over-the-air” broadcast television when you connect an HDTV antenna to your Roku TV. A feature called Smart Guide can help you find the movies and TV shows airing today, in the coming weeks, and over the past week.
How do I access Smart Guide?
To begin using Smart Guide, you first need to connect an HDTV antenna to your Roku TV, and then set up the Antenna TV input.
Smart Guide will then be accessible any time you switch to the Antenna TV input to watch an “over-the-air” program. Press the left button on the directional pad to open Smart Guide. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku TV remote.
When Smart Guide opens, the movie or TV show you are currently watching will be highlighted in the grid. If you browse programs in the future or past, pressing the replay button on your Roku TV remote returns you to the current time in the grid.
Can I get quick access to channels I watch most often?
Over time, your Roku TV will automatically remember the “over-the-air” channels you watch most often and list them together in their own Favorites section at the top of Smart Guide.
- When you first set up the Antenna TV input, the Favorites section will not exist in Smart Guide. It is created automatically only after you spend time viewing “over-the-air” programs.
- A favorite channel will not appear in the grid among the non-favorite channels. It will only be listed in the Favorites section along with other favorite channels.
- Favorite channels cannot be added manually. If you want to disable favorite channels, go to Settings > TV inputs > Antenna TV > Favorite channels.
Can I easily tell if a channel is a favorite?
When you tune to each “over-the-air” channel, program details appear across the bottom of the screen. A favorite channel is designated by a red heart.
When you are watching a program, you can recall the program details at any time by pressing the OK button on your Roku TV remote.
Can I watch a show I just missed, or watch more episodes of the same show?
When browsing Smart Guide, some programs may display a More Ways to Watch indicator designated with a purple star as seen below.
When you highlight a program displaying the More Ways to Watch indicator, press the Star button on your Roku TV remote to learn how to stream the show from the beginning, find more episodes of the show, or browse similar shows. Learn more about More Ways to Watch.
- Not all shows will display a More Ways to Watch indicator.
- If you disable Smart TV experience or never enable it on your Roku TV, More Ways to Watch indicators will not appear in Smart Guide.
Why is Smart Guide listing channels from another area?
If the list of channels you see in Smart Guide are not for your area, you can enter your zip code in the Settings menu on your Roku TV.
- Press the Home button on your Roku TV remote.
- Select Settings followed by System.
- Select Zip code and enter your zip code.
- Press OK to update the zip code.
IMPORTANT: After you enter your zip code, you need to set up the Antenna TV input again to let your Roku TV re-scan the channels.