Hulu recently released a new interface for their streaming service. If you previously installed Hulu on your Roku streaming player or Roku TV™, the interface was likely upgraded automatically during a recent software update.
Note: Some older Roku streaming devices do not support the new Hulu interface (see below for supported models).
Where can I get support and learn more about the new Hulu interface?
To learn more about the new Hulu experience including Hulu with Live TV, visit the Hulu website.
What do I need to do to subscribe to Hulu with Live TV?
After you subscribe to the appropriate plan, you will be able to stream live TV channels on Hulu. If you wish to subscribe to Hulu with Live TV and you are a new Hulu customer, add the channel to your Roku device and follow the on-screen instructions after you launch the channel.
If you are a current Hulu subscriber and wish to upgrade to Hulu with Live TV, you may first need to convert the billing method for your Hulu account. To determine this, follow the instructions below.
- Launch Hulu and select your profile.
- Access the User menu from the top row of icons.
- Scroll down and select ACCOUNT.
- If you see the option Enhance my billing, you must select this to convert your billing method for Hulu on your Roku device. This is required to upgrade to Hulu with Live TV.
- From there, follow the prompts to allow Roku access and complete the migration.
- After you have made the billing change, you can go to hulu.com/account to make further changes to your plan.
Which Roku streaming devices support the new Hulu interface including live TV?
The following current generation Roku streaming devices support the new Hulu experience including Hulu with Live TV. If your device is not listed, you can continue to use Hulu with the classic interface.
- Roku TV
- Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600X)
- Note: Streaming Stick models 3400X and 3500X do not support the new interface.
- Roku Express
- Roku Express+
- Roku Premiere
- Roku Premiere+
- Roku Ultra
- Roku 3
- Roku 4
Your Roku device must be running Roku OS 7.7.0 build 4135 or higher to access the new Hulu experience. You can find the software version by visiting Settings > System > About. Your Roku device will check for an update every 24-36 hours or you can manually check for a software update if needed.