In addition to streaming 4K, some Roku® streaming players including the Roku® Streaming Stick®+ can also stream content in 4K HDR.
For more information, read the detailed support article about HDR.
Roku streaming player requirements
Whether connecting your Roku player directly to a compatible 4K HDR TV or an audio/video receiver (AVR) or sound bar, review the steps for setting up your Roku streaming player for 4K HDR.
Roku TV™ requirements
The following are required to stream 4K HDR content on a compatible Roku TV.
- A Roku TV capable of streaming 4K HDR
- Your Roku TV must be activated and linked to a Roku account. Learn more about activating your Roku TV
- A good internet connection with enough bandwidth to stream 4K HDR (up to 25 Mbps may be needed)
- A streaming service like Netflix with a plan that supports streaming in 4K HDR
- Note: Not all content available from a streaming service that supports 4K HDR will appear in 4K HDR. Look for movies or TV shows that are marked with an HDR logo.