Your Roku TV includes an opt-in feature called More Ways to Watch that enables you to stream live broadcast shows from the beginning, find full episodes of shows you missed, discover similar shows and movies and see ads that are more relevant to you.
How does More Ways to Watch work?
More Ways to Watch uses Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology to help Roku identify the movie or TV show you are watching via devices connected to the Antenna TV and HDMI® inputs, including "over-the-air" broadcasts and cable/satellite set-top boxes.
- More Ways to Watch is only supported in the United States.
- The More Ways to Watch feature is not enabled by default. To use the feature, you must select “Enable More Ways to Watch” during initial setup or later in the settings menu.
- To use More Ways to Watch, your Roku TV must be activated and linked to your Roku account.
How do I use More Ways to Watch?
When you are watching a movie or TV show that is broadcast to the antenna or cable/satellite set-top box connected to your Roku TV, your Roku TV may detect the content you are watching and determine if that same movie or show, or related content, is available from one or more streaming channels. A More Ways to Watch notification will then appear across the bottom of the Roku TV screen for a few seconds.
If you miss the notification, you can check the program information banner that appears when you press while watching a movie or show. If there is related content available, you will see the More Ways to Watch notification in the banner.
Press right on the directional pad on your Roku TV remote on either of the above notification screens to see the various options to view this program. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of the remote.
What are the More Ways to Watch viewing options?
- Watch from beginning – Shows you which streaming channels offer the same movie or TV show you are watching. You can select your preferred streaming service and start watching the same movie or show from the beginning. This option is helpful if you started watching in the middle of the movie or show and would like to start from the beginning.
- More episodes – Lets you jump to the episode list of the current season of the TV series you are watching. From there, you can navigate to all available episodes in all available seasons within the streaming channel you selected.
- More like this – Displays movies or TV shows that have similar characteristics to the program you are watching. You can highlight a show, discover which streaming channels offer it, how much it costs to watch on those channels, and then start watching. Or, you can select Follow on Roku to be alerted when an upcoming movie or episode is available, or when a current program is available at a lower price.
How do I opt in?
More Ways to Watch is not enabled when you first set up your Roku TV or when your Roku TV has updated the software to include this feature. The first time you select the Antenna TV or cable/satellite set-top box input, your Roku TV presents the option to enable More Ways to Watch. You can opt in by checking the box.
By opting in, you give Roku permission to collect information about the programs you watch. If you choose to opt in and later decide you no longer want to use More Ways to Watch, you can disable the feature any time, but note that the viewing information that was collected while it was enabled will be retained by Roku and made available to third parties such as measurement providers and will continue to be used. If you decide not to opt in, you can enable the feature later.
How do I enable or disable More Ways to Watch?
You can enable or disable More Ways to Watch from the Settings menu on your Roku TV.
- Press on your remote to open the main screen.
- Scroll up or down and select Settings.
- Select More Ways to Watch.
- Press right on your Roku TV remote and enable or disable the following options:
- Enable More Ways to Watch – Press to select or clear the check box. Press to see detailed information about how Roku collects information to enable this feature.
- Enable auto notifications – If you select the check box, More Ways to Watch notifications appear at the bottom of the screen for a few seconds. If you would rather not see notifications, which usually appear one time during a program, clear the check box.