The Roku mobile app is a free application for iOS® and Android™ devices that turns your mobile device into a control center for your Roku streaming player or Roku TV™. Notifications are presented by the mobile app to alert you when recent or notable movies, TV shows and more are available to stream on your Roku device.
How do I receive notifications?
When you install the Roku mobile app, tap “OK” or “Allow” on your smartphone when prompted to begin receiving notifications.
Notifications will pop up on your smartphone similar to text messages or notifications from other mobile apps. When you tap a notification, the Roku mobile app launches automatically and takes you directly to the appropriate section where you can see more about the movie or TV show.
Where can I find missed notifications?
Recent notifications can be viewed from the What’s On tab.
- Launch the Roku mobile app and tap the What’s On icon from the navigation bar.
- Tap the bell icon to view recent notifications.
How do I turn off notifications?
If you decide you no longer want to receive notifications from the Roku mobile app, you can turn off notifications from the settings tab.
- Tap the Settings icon from the navigation bar.
- Tap the Notifications selection to reveal the notifications menu.
- Tap the All Notifications button until it is in the off position, or no longer highlighted.