A screensaver is an application that fills the TV screen with moving images or patterns when your Roku streaming player is not in use. Screensavers were originally designed to prevent phosphor burn-in on older TV’s, but are now used primarily for entertainment. Changing the screensaver is one of the ways you can personalize your Roku experience. Several screensavers are included with your Roku device, while others can be purchased or downloaded for free from the Roku Channel Store.
Note: From time to time we change the default screensaver on Roku devices, and in some cases run different screensavers on select devices.
How do I find and install new screensavers?
New screensavers can be found in the Screensavers category of the Roku Channel Store. Learn how to add a screensaver to your Roku device.
How do I access the Screensaver menu on my Roku device?
Once a screensaver is installed on your Roku device, you can change to that screensaver or define the wait time by accessing the Screensaver menu.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Scroll up or down and select Settings.
- Select Screensaver to open the Screensaver menu.
After the Screensaver menu is open, use the steps below to change or modify the current screensaver and define the wait time.
Change the screensaver
- Select Screensaver.
- Highlight any screensaver from the list, and select Preview for a glimpse of how it will appear.
- When additional settings are available, you can select Custom settings to make adjustments to the highlighted screensaver. To view the effect of any changes, select Preview
- When you are finished previewing choices, highlight the screensaver name and press the OK button on your Roku remote to save.
- Tip: A check appears next to the screensaver that is currently selected.
Define the wait time
- Select Wait time.
- Choose the amount of time your Roku device waits before starting the screensaver, or choose to disable the screensaver.
- Press the OK button on your Roku remote to save.
Looking for other ways to personalize your Roku experience? Learn how to change the theme on your Roku device.