You can of course launch channels directly from your Roku streaming player or Roku TV™, but on some occasions, you may want to direct, or cast, to your TV what you are already watching on your mobile device. You can do this wirelessly with supported apps like YouTube and Netflix by opening the casting icon on your phone or tablet and selecting your Roku device. The channel will launch automatically on your Roku device and playback will begin.
To use casting, the supported app must be installed on both your mobile device and your Roku streaming device. You must also make sure to connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device.
To learn more about replicating the screen from your compatible mobile device on your TV, review the detailed article about screen mirroring.
How do I cast from a supported channel?
To begin casting, you need to install the channel and matching mobile app and start playback. Refer to the instructions below for help.
- If not already installed, add the channel to your Roku device.
- Install the matching mobile app on your phone or tablet.
- Launch the app on your mobile device.
- Note: You do not need to open the matching channel on your Roku device to begin casting.
- Select the casting icon from inside the mobile app.
- Note: With some apps, the casting icon may not appear until you begin playback on your mobile device.
- From the list of available devices on your phone or tablet, select your Roku device.
- The channel will launch automatically on your Roku device and playback of the content will begin.
- Note: When casting to channels that support profiles (e.g., Netflix) you may need to select your profile with your Roku remote before playback will begin.
During playback, you can use your mobile device to find and begin casting another program, do something entirely different, or turn it off completely – all without affecting playback on your Roku device.