The exciting new Private Listening feature allows you to listen to your favorite movies and shows via headphones through your iOS or Android mobile device.
Private listening is available on these models:
- Roku Streaming Stick (Model 3600)
- Roku Express (Model 3700)
- Roku Express+ (Model 3710)
- Roku Premiere (Model 4620)
- Roku Premiere+ (Model 4630)
To enable Private Listening, simply open the Roku Mobile App on your iOS or Android mobile device, connect the mobile app to your Roku player, and plug in your headphones. You will be taken to the remote screen where you will see a headphone icon with a green dot indicating that Private Listening is active.
Alternatively, you can navigate to the remote screen and tap on the headphones icon at the bottom of the remote screen to activate. To stop Private Listening at any time, tap the headphone icon so the green dot disappears.
How can I get the Roku Mobile App?
How many headphones can be active with Private Listening at the same time?
Private Listening may only be active on one mobile device at a time.
Can I use my Bluetooth device to listen to audio through the Private Listening feature?
Yes, just pair your Bluetooth device to your mobile device and select it as the output channel.
How do I turn Private Listening on or off?
There are two ways to turn on/off the Private Listening feature.
- While in the Roku Mobile app, simply plug in your headphones to activate and unplug your headphones to deactivate.
- While in the Roku Mobile app, open the Remote screen and press the headphones icon.
Need troubleshooting help for Private Listening? Click here.