The Roku mobile app is free for iOS®, Android™ and Windows ® devices. It turns your mobile device into a control center for your Roku player. The mobile app lets you:
- Browse and manage your installed channels/games.
- Control your Roku device with a touch or gesture. Includes instant replay and options buttons.
- Privately listen to audio through your headphones.
- Browse and add channels and games from the Channel Store.*
- Launch and rate Roku channels.
- Enter text with the mobile keyboard.
- Rename your Roku player, and switch between multiple Roku devices.
- Cast videos, photos, and music on your Roku device with Play on Roku.1 & 2
- Search for movies, TV shows, actors and directors.3
- Follow Movies Coming Soon within My Feed and get updates when new movies and TV shows are ready to stream.4
- Use your voice to search for movies, TV shows, actors, directors, and streaming channels by name.5
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability subject to change and not all content is available in the countries in which Roku devices are sold.
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV
To use this app, you must connect your mobile device to the same network as your Roku player or Roku TV. Certain features require a compatible Roku player or Roku TV, and may require logging in to your Roku account.
- Roku Search is available when your connected Roku player or Roku TV supports this functionality.
- The Roku mobile app is available in English language only.
- Both the Roku mobile app and Roku streaming player (or Roku TV) need to already be on the same wireless network for initial device discover using the Roku mobile app to be successful.
Private listening is available on these models:
- Roku Streaming Stick (Model 3600)
- Roku Express (Model 3700)
- Roku Express+(Model 3710)
- Roku Premiere (Model 4620)
- Roku Premiere+ (Model 4630)
- Roku Ultra (Model 4640)
How do I get the Roku mobile app for Android , iOS (iPhone) or Windows OS?
Which Roku player and TV models can I use the Roku mobile app with?
The Roku mobile app is compatible with all current Roku player and TV models (see notes for feature availability)
What file types are supported in Play on Roku in the Roku mobile apps?
With Play on Roku, the following file types are supported:
Audio: MP3 and M4A
Image: JPG and PNG
Video: .MP4 (MPEG-4 Pt 14), .MOV, .M4V
The app cannot play DRM-protected music files, such as M4P files.
Can I play games with the Roku mobile app?
Yes. However, games that require motion control or gaming (A/B) buttons cannot be used with the Roku mobile app.
1 Video playback is supported on Android devices running Android 4.0 or later. Non-standard aspect ratio videos (such as those taken with Vine or Instagram) are not supported.
2 Video playback is supported on Roku devices running firmware version 5.1 or later, when paired with a supported iOS device running iOS 6.0 or later and the latest update to the Roku mobile application. At this time, only video taken with your phone is supported.
3 Search is available for select US-based Roku players running firmware version 5.4 or later. The Roku 2450x and 2500x are not supported.
4 My Feed is available on current Roku players or Roku TVs running firmware version 6.2 or later.
5 Voice Search is available on current Roku players or Roku TVs running firmware version 6.2 or later. Voice Search is available in English only.