The Roku® Streaming Stick® (model: 3600) supports resolutions up to 1080p Full HD and ships with an Enhanced “point-anywhere” remote control.
Note: The (black) Roku® Streaming Stick® model 3600 is a faster version and replaces the (purple) Roku® Streaming Stick® model 3500. The same steps can be used to set up either model.
Will the Roku Streaming Stick work with my TV?
The Roku Streaming Stick will work for any television with an HDMI® connection and connects directly to the TV's HDMI® port. If your Roku Streaming Stick will not fit in your TV's HDMI® port, then you may wish to get a free HDMI extender cable.
Note: The “Roku Ready” version of the Roku Streaming Stick (model 3400/3420) connects to the MHL port of your Roku Ready television or other type of compliant device (e.g. Blu-Ray™ player).
Setting up your Roku Streaming Stick
- Follow along with the tutorial video below, or download the Quick Start Guide.
- Further help is available if you do not see video on your TV from the Roku Streaming Stick or have problems with your remote control.
Going through Guided Setup
- Choose a language
- When your Roku Streaming Stick powers on, the first screen will allow you to choose a language. All text and dialog within the Roku application will be displayed in the selected language.
- Scroll up and down the list and press the OK button on your Roku remote to choose a language.
- Note: It is the responsibility of the channel publisher to translate their channel and some channels may not support your chosen language.
- Connect your Roku Streaming Stick to the internet
- Choose your wireless network from the list of available networks and enter your password. This is most often the same network you use to connect your computer or smartphone to the internet. If you do not see your network, select Scan again to see all networks. For more assistance, see help finding your wireless network and password.
- If you want to see your password as you type, choose Show password. This can help prevent entering the wrong password. Remember, passwords are case-sensitive. Use the shift button on the on-screen keyboard to enter a capital letter.
- Once you have entered your password and selected Connect. Your Roku Streaming Stick will automatically connect to the internet. Alternatively, you can get more help if you are unable to connect to your wireless network.
- Wait for your Roku Streaming Stick to download the latest software
- Once connected to the internet, your Roku Streaming Stick will download the latest version of Roku OS software and then reboot.
- Set the display type
- Select Set display type and let your Roku Streaming Stick auto detect the best display resolution so you don’t have to manually configure the settings. To change the display type at a later time, go to Settings > Display type.
- Create a Roku account and activate your Roku Streaming Stick
- In order to activate your Roku Streaming Stick, it must be linked to a Roku account. Your Roku account keeps track of which Roku devices you own and allows you to add free and purchase channels from the Roku Channel Store.
- Instructions for activating your Roku Streaming Stick will be displayed on your TV, including an activation code; e.g. “XCV5TG”. You will be required to visit my.roku.com/link on your computer or smartphone, enter the code and follow the instructions to activate your Roku Streaming Stick.
- You are done!
Once you have completed all the activation steps, your Roku Streaming Stick will be ready to use.
Tips: You can personalize your Roku Streaming Stick by changing your theme or screensaver. You can use the Roku Channel Store to add new streaming channels, games, themes, screensavers, and other apps.